A digital signage system, such as the Envisage waiting room TV and patient call system, is a great way for practices to educate patients and inform them of their practice services and information while they for their appointment.
However, to maximise the effectiveness of any digital signage system it is vital that you understand your audience and ensure that the content being displayed is topical and relevant to them.
To help with this, we’ve created the following five tips to help you get the most out of the digital signage system at your GP practice or health centre:
1. Keep your playlists short – The average waiting time for a GP appointment in the UK is around 12 mins. Having a long playlist much longer than this will mean that a lot of patients won’t see all the information displayed on screen. We recommend keeping your playlists under 15 minutes in length to ensure that patients get to view as much information as possible. This ensures all your patients won’t miss any important messages.
2. Tailor your playlist to your audience – Ensuring that the videos you have playing in your waiting room are relevant and of interest to your patients is very important. Envisage allows you to automatically schedule different playlists at different times, ensuring that the information you share is always relevant. For example, if you have a baby clinic on a certain day then you can schedule relevant content to be displayed at this time to maximise impact.
3. Keep your playlists up to date and topical – Seeing a video about flu clinics in the middle of Summer or information on avoiding hay fever in the middle of Winter can confuse patients and cause them to lose interest. Try to update your playlist at least every quarter to make sure you are promoting the latest health campaigns and information. You can easily do this by using our Envisage Media App, which has a range of the latest educational content, including videos from Public Health England and NHS Digital.
4. Make patients aware of your practice services – You can easily make patients aware of your practice services and information by promoting them on your waiting room TV. The Envisage templating system allows you to create messages on a range of topics, such as your opening times, repeat prescription information or the number of missed appointments at your practice. You can also include information about the services you have available at the practice, and promote information about your staff.
5. Add a last minute message – Need to share a message quickly with your waiting patients, or highlight important information? With Envisage, you can easily add a simple scrolling message to your current playlist to advise patients of the most important information at your practice. This might include information about early closures or last-minute changes to your clinic opening times.
For more information, tips and advice about getting the most out of your Envisage system, please visit our dedicated Support section. Our technical support team also offer regular training sessions to help you better understand the system. Please contact us here for more information.
if you would like to find out more about getting Envisage for your GP surgery or health centre, please contact our sales team on: 0114 243 3896 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org